Savannah Way Ltd
We are leading the cohesion of the travel and tourism industry across Northern Australia.
Established in December 2007, Savannah Way Limited is not-for-profit, membership-based, limited by guarantee, Australian public company.
Our role is to promote the Savannah Way brand, create awareness of and generate travel and tourism to The Savannah Way route from Cairns in Tropical North Queensland to Broome Western Australia, via Katherine in the Northern Territory.
Savannah Way Limited works with small businesses and communities along the route through sustainable tourism and network support including tourism promotion, road signage, brochure and merchandise distribution, agent and media contact.
Savannah Way Limited also links stakeholders with the market (and each other), as well as assisting regional development through research, projects, training and consultation.
The promotion of the drive route is undertaken in co-ordination with our partners and members, including:
- Tourism and service businesses
- State, Regional and Local tourism organisations
- Local, State and Territory Government agencies
- Community, Environment and Development organisations
Board of Directors
- Bram Collins, Undara Experience – Chairman
- Mark Crummy, Northern Territory Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade
- Natasha Mahar, Australia’s North West Tourism
- Glen Hingley, Tourism Top End
- Mark Olsen, Tourism Tropical North Queensland
- Jacqueline Crooks, Tourism WA
- Charlie Sharpe, Lake Argyle Resort WA
- Michael Jerram, NT Immersions, Katherine NT
- Lyn Scouller, End of the Road Motel QLD
- Amy Merriweather, Tourism & Events Queensland (ex-officio)
Company Secretary: Bronwyn Jones