Savannah Way Ltd
Who are we?
We are leading the cohesion of the travel and tourism industry across Northern Australia.
Established in December 2007, Savannah Way Limited is not-for-profit, membership-based, limited by guarantee, Australian public company.
Our role is to promote the Savannah Way brand, create awareness of and generate travel and tourism to The Savannah Way route from Cairns in Tropical North Queensland to Broome Western Australia, via Katherine in the Northern Territory.
To promote and facilitate the development of quality experiences and a vibrant visitor economy for The Savannah Way.
The Savannah Way is well-recognised as Australia’s greatest adventure drive providing outstanding seamless visitor experiences.
Savannah Way Limited works with small businesses and communities along the route through sustainable tourism and network support including tourism promotion, road signage, brochure and merchandise distribution, agent and media contact.
Savannah Way Limited also links stakeholders with the market (and each other), as well as assisting regional development through research, projects, training and consultation.
The promotion of the drive route is undertaken in co-ordination with our partners and members, including:
- Tourism and service businesses
- State, Regional and Local tourism organisations
- Local, State and Territory Government agencies
- Community, Environment and Development organisations
The organisation has Directors from Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia.
Why join Savannah Way Limited?
There is not a business, professional service or commercial operation on or near the drive route of The Savannah Way that does not ultimately receive some benefit contributed to the local economy by tourism.
Membership with Savannah Way Limited means you will:
- Raise your business visibility, particularly through digital marketing
- Enjoy economic benefits
- Have access to marketing and business development tools
- Develop knowledge and expertise
- Increase your industry contacts
- Be involved in special projects, policy and the strategic direction of the promotion of The Savannah Way.